Multimedia plugins FAQ
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Multimedia plugins FAQ.
This page requires updating for Moodle 2.0. Please do so and remove this template when finished.
What is the best way of Embedding media in Moodle?
- Interesting discussion on Moodle Mahem list: https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!topic/moodlemayhem/txt_5pNwATk
- Playing Flash FLV & SWF in MOODLE 2.0: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=163374
- What about SWF? There have been some security worries on using SWF. But the advantage is that it comes with a player bundled in it.
How can I have embedded media resized appropriately?
Some thoughts on this are still in development.
- Detect size of file: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-8984
- Patch: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-23870
An extract from here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=169935
You can also add specific dimentions to the end of the attribute HREF inside the anchor <A> tag.
<a href="link-to-some-flash-file.swf?d=480x640">Flash File</a>
Please pay attention to the ?d=480x640 part of the code, which you have to put in, yourself. by switching from HTML mode into TEXT mode.