Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Groupings FAQ.
What is a grouping?
A grouping is a collection of groups. One group may be present in multiple groupings or no grouping. Groupings were designed to allow selection of different sets of groups in each activity.
What is the difference between a group and a grouping?
A group is a set of users. A grouping is a set of groups.
Why is the 'Available for group members' feature still experimental?
There are known problems that will not be probably fixed.
To assess the risks of turning this option on you should read these discussions in the Using Moodle forum:
- MDL-13868 : Gradebook does not consider group members only functionality
Why does a graded activity assigned to a particular grouping only appear in the gradebook for all users?
The gradebook does not currently consider the experimental Available for group members only functionality. (See MDL-13868 for details.) It is recommended that separate courses are used instead. A possible workaround is:
- Put all graded activity is assigned to a particular grouping into one category
- Set the aggregation for the category to maximum grade
- Hide the individual activities
- Using Moodle Groups forum