Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Feedback settings.
This page really needs improving. Please see the page comments for suggestions of what to include, then remove this template when you're done.
- 1 Enabling Feedback Module
- 2 Enabling Feedback Block
- 3 Feedback administration settings
- 4 Site administration settings
Enabling Feedback Module
- As an administrator, go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Manage activities
- Turn on the (open) eye of "Feedback"
Enabling Feedback Block
To provide the option of adding a Feedback block to a course, you must first ensure the block type has been enabled. When added to a course, the Feedback block will display a list of all Feedback activities associated with a course. This is helpful for when you want to draw the user's attention to completing the Feedback activity.
- Go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks
- Turn on the eye of "Feedback" here to in order to have Feedback as a block.
Feedback administration settings
After selecting Feedback from the Activities menu, you will be presented with a list of options for setting up a Feedback.
Give your Feedback a title.
This text will be displayed to users before they enter the feedback.
Open and Close Feedback
This allows you to set a time period during which the Feedback will be available to responses.
Record User Names
Choose from the following options:
- Users' Names Will Be Logged and Shown With Answers
Show analysis to students
Yes/No. The summary results can be shown to respondents, or shown only to teachers.
Yes/No. Notifications will be sent to the Moodle site administrators upon the submission.
Yes/No, for anonymous polls allow unlimited answers for every user, for polls where the user name is logged this allow users to resubmit their answers.
Site after submit / Page after submit
This allows you to present users with a message after completion. If you want students to be sent somewhere or to see something other than "Your answers have been saved" after completing a Feedback activity, you can put a URL in Site after submit and/or some text in Page after submit respectively. If you fill them both in, the students will first see whatever text you put in Page after submit, then click Continue and be sent to the URL in Site after submit. If you leave them both blank, the students will just see a "Your answers have been saved" message. Neither of these fields are required for a student to answer the questions, but they must click the Answer the questions... link to start the Feedback activity.
The group mode can be one of three levels:
- No groups - There are no sub groups, everyone is part of one big community
- Separate groups - Each group can only see their own group, others are invisible
- Visible groups - Each group works in their own group, but can also see other groups
The group mode can be defined at two levels:
- Course level - The group mode defined at the course level is the default mode for all activities defined within that course
- Activity level - Each activity that supports groups can also define its own grouping mode. If the course is set to "force group mode" then the setting for each activity is ignored.
Visible to students
You can hide the activity from students by selecting "Hide" here. It is useful if you wouldn't like to make the activity available immediately.
Site administration settings
The feedback module has additional settings which may be changed by an administrator in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Feedback.
Allow full anonymous
Changing this setting to "yes" permits non-logged in users on the front page to complete a feedback activity.