Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: jquery slideshow.
The Slideshow block enables the user (Teacher or Administrator) to display a folder containing and kind of image type as an advanced slideshow with image transitions. (with no need for a flash plugin!)
- Setting the images folder (of course!).
- Setting width and height of the block.
- Setting the type of transition. ( a few are hard coded into the code. and more are very easy to add)
- Setting the delay, between transitions.
- Image type filtering. (disabled by default)
- System-wide/specific pages - block availability. (disabled by default)
- Based on jQuery Cycle plugin which means : no flash need, works on any browser, any image type, many different types of transition effects. It supports pause-on-hover, auto-stop, auto-fit, before/after callbacks, click triggers and much more. It also supports, but does not require, the Metadata Plugin and the Easing Plugin. (see features demo)
latest version good for Moodle 1.9.x
just copy it over into your blocks folder and click "Notifications" on your front-page Moodle admin block.