Revision as of 17:34, 20 March 2011 by Tim Hunt (Reverted edits by Liubin (Talk) to last version by Abel Camacho)
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Variables.
This page is for administrators of Moodle 1.6 sites (see Talk:Variables).
- NOTE: In later versions of Moodle, variables may be in different locations in the interface. For instance, the "maxbytes" variable is in the site administration block under Security -> Site Policies -> Maximum uploaded file size.
- lang - If you wish to change any text on your site, it is recommended that a local language pack is created. Please refer to Language for details
- timezone - This field is used to set the default timezone used by Moodle. It affects time-related messages on the system such as assignment deadlines. If you have set this and still have time problems, make sure the time is set correctly on the server. Users can also set their timezone, see Edit profile.
- themelist, allowuserthemes, allowcoursethemes - Please refer to the Theme configuration for details
- slasharguments - Please refer to the FAQ Uploaded files give "File not found" and the check web server settings instructions
- autologinguests - Please refer to Guest access
- opentogoogle - Please refer to Search engine optimization for further information
- maxeditingtime - Please refer to the forum discussions Editing a forum post after the 30 minutes deadline and The philosophy underlying "no editing after 30 minutes"
- debug - Set debug to on in order to get more information about PHP errors. This is often helpful to an administrator when trying to get more information about an error or problem being experienced. Normally, debug is set to off. For more information about debugging in Moodle 1.7 onwards, see Debugging.