Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Variables.
- lang - If you wish to change any text on your site, it is recommended that a local language pack is created. Please refer to Language for details
- timezone - This field is used to set the default timezone used by Moodle. It effects time-related messages on the system such as assignment deadlines. If you have set this and still have time problems, make sure the time is set correctly on the server. Users can also set their timezone, see Edit profile.
- themelist, allowuserthemes, allowcoursethemes - Please refer to the Theme configuration for details
- slasharguments - Please refer to the FAQ Uploaded files give "File not found" and the check web server settings instructions
- autologinguests - Please refer to Guest access
- opentogoogle - Please refer to Search engine optimization for further information
- maxeditingtime - Please refer to the forum discussions Editing a forum post after the 30 minutes deadline and The philosophy underlying "no editing after 30 minutes"
debug - Set debug to on in order to get more information about PHP errors. This is often helpful to an administrator when trying to get more information about an error or problem being experienced. Normally, debug is set to off.
Debugging in Moodle 1.7 onwards
The interface for Administration changed in Moodle 1.7 and more options were given for controlling how to handle PHP error messages. To access debug in Moodle 1.7 onwards, go to the Administration block, click on Server, and then click on Debugging.
Debug messages - The administrator can select the types of error messages to be displayed or logged.
The options for debugging include: NONE: Do not show any errors or warnings MINIMAL: Show only fatal errors NORMAL: Show errors, warnings and notices ALL: Show all reasonable PHP debug messages DEVELOPER: extra Moodle debug messages for developers - If you turn this on, then PHP's error_reporting will be increased so that more warnings are printed. This is only useful for developers.
Display debug messages - There is an option to choose whether to display error messages or simply record them in the server logs.
Debug email sending - Determines whether or not to enable verbose debug information during sending of email messages to SMTP server.
Performance info - The Performance info option determines whether performance info will be included in the footer of the standard theme (and some other themes). Performance info includes the time for the page to load, the amount of memory used to generate the page, cpu usage, load, and the record cache hit/miss ration.