Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: customscripts.
Custom Scripts Mechanism
Any scripts that are called directly via a url (eg index.php, user/view.php) can now be customised by placing a file with the same name (including directories) in my_moodle_data_dir/customscripts For example: my_moodle_data_dir/customscripts/index.php; my_moodle_data_dir/customscripts/user/view.php
- this is for people making short term changes to VISIBLE web pages in the moodle source code
- need to check relative links ; for example: never require ../config.php
- cannot add new files to customscripts folder because they are not accessible directly via web.
- better to use cvs or cogito for long term management of customisations to moodle code
- This does not work if $CFG->wwwroot is set to https:// -- see http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-21992
- it seems to have been used extensively only by the Moodle_for_Mobiles project
- to enable Custom Scripts, add $CFG->customscripts=path/to/customscript/folder (see Configuration_file)