Talk:Moodle 2.0 release notes
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle 2.0 release notes.
Random comments about 2.0 release documentation
- Course completion aka Course completion tracking - a MAJOR new feature not listed or at least does not jump out --chris collman 12:15, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Realized it was there. I know "completion" is also a feature common with conditional activities. Someone looking for course conditions of entry is not going to think completion has anything to do with it. I put the activity stuff with conditional activities and change the subheading to "Course completion and prerequsites". Sorry if I overstepped my bounds here.--chris collman 13:14, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Activity completion - here it is called Conditional activities. --chris collman 12:15, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
The Lesson activity
Note 1: when type or paste text formatting does not happen in the page preview. Note 2: In true / false question, the variable 'Your answer' is equal to feedback message. Quiz Activity: Note 1: In question multiple-choice answers entered do not appear in the view of the question. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by José Albuquerque (talk • contribs) .)
- Hi José, rather than adding comments here, please could you check that any problems/bugs have been reported in the Moodle tracker. If you're not sure whether something is a bug or not, you can ask about it in the Testing and QA forum in Using Moodle. Thanks in advance for your help! --Helen Foster 14:50, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Rendering Layer Changes
This points to a page that is marked as obsolete :( --Howard Miller 09:47, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Howard, hopefully the obsolete documentation will be updated soon. --Helen Foster 10:59, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
Regression in question type API
Moodle 2.0 has regression in question type interface for 3d party developers. In 1.9 it contained mechanics named "extra_question_fields" to automate many common tasks, including backup/restore. In Moodle 2.0 it's backup/restore functionality was deleted, and core question type using it was reverted to individual handling of the matter. That's breaks backup/restore of the questions that relied on it in Moodle 1.9 like preg question. I guess it should be mentioned in release notes since it's a downgrade of a public interface.
There is MDL-25617 with a patch that could fix it - but it seems there are no definite plan to fix it in Moodle 2.0 or later to some specific milestone, so for now we should think it's broken or discontinued. --Oleg Sychev 16:38, 27 April 2011 (WST)