Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Database templates.
How to share templates?
- Templates are worksheets and worksheets is what teachers know...
Export of templates for sharing?
Is there an import?
Any plans for AJAX integration here?
Please note that this page is about Database module templates exclusively. Moodle Docs templates will be explained elsewhere. --Helen Foster 05:15, 7 May 2006 (WST)
CSS and RSS Templates
Can someone add some documentation about how to use the CSS and RSS templates? They are a total mystery to me.--N Hansen 22:59, 26 June 2006 (WST)
- I find no relation to any grading or scoring for the person who submitted the entry... so teacher approval doesn't translate into any student reward? Tough sell to get younger students to do this exercise without direct translation into tokens for their grades. Pedagogy aside, tokens is how most of the capitalistic world functions and most lower grade students understand grades as a calculation of points.--Dennis Daniels 20:16, 25 May 2006 (WST)
Moved from main page by me -> --David Scotson 21:31, 2 June 2006 (WST)
Can't tell how or where the templates are being saved or what the tags do.--Dennis Daniels 16:16, 25 May 2006 (WST)
- I've listed all the # tags I know about on the main page along with what they create, let me know if you have any questions. The square bracket [[tags]] are your field names. --David Scotson 02:33, 5 June 2006 (WST)
I personally think each php with a "mode" should have its own help page...--Dennis Daniels 16:14, 25 May 2006 (WST)
AJAX anyone? Seems like a great place for it... :)
It occurred to me that setting up templates could be a matter of copying and pasting HTML with the database tags ... testing the idea now... --Dennis Daniels 19:35, 25 May 2006 (WST)
Are there multiple templates allowed? Can't find any interface to suggest more than one template...
copied from main page by me -> --David Scotson 04:03, 3 June 2006 (WST)
Could really use a tag for the registered name of the person who contributed the data!Dennis Daniels 17:47, 4 June 2006 (WST)
- I think this is what ##user## does --David Scotson 02:33, 5 June 2006 (WST)
- Yep! Thanks for that! --Dennis Daniels 14:00, 5 June 2006 (WST)
Page should and tab should be renamed to Template (singular) as there is no way to save more than one template per database at this time (1.7dev CVS 6June6)--Dennis Daniels 13:24, 8 June 2006 (WST)
You could argue that there are already multiple templates (e.g. single view, list view, RSS etc.) but I think generally it's better if page titles are singular for mostly insignificant technical reasons. Not sure if it's worth making that change though, as I think "Templates" fails my personal litmus test for making sense out of contextw which it would be nice if page titles could do. Perhaps Templates for database, Templates for database entries, Database entry templates, Database templates or something else? --David Scotson 20:21, 8 June 2006 (WST)