Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Quiz OMR.
Quiz OMR (Optical Mark Reader) works with the Quiz activity and off line testing which uses an student marked sheet that is read by a dedicated scanner/software. Quiz OMR is a contributed code module/patch.
- Quiz OMR (Optical Mark Reader) is an extension to Moodle's "Quiz" module. Quiz OMR provides online support for managing and evaluating objective-type assessments which are conducted offline using OMR sheets. This tool supports features provided by Moodle like question banking, automatic result evaluation, result analysis, result publication etc.
- Target Users : All the institutions where objective type exams are conducted off-line using OMR sheets are the target users. For example
- Educational Institutions : For competitive and entrance examinations etc.
- Corporate Institutions : For recruitment tests and certification examinations etc.
- Variant Generation (automatic and manual) from master question paper
- Printable version of variants available
- Off-line Quiz attempt Data Analysis (i.e. attempt data obtained after scanning OMR sheets): to detect errors in the off-line attempt data.
- Automatic Evaluation of off-line Quiz attempt data (i.e. attempt data obtained after scanning OMR sheets)
- On-line View Of Off-line Attempts
Integrated with following features of Moodle
- Question Bank
- Question Paper Analysis
- Student Performance Analysis
- Grade Book Management
- For Moodle 1.9.7+ : Apply the patch from Modules and Plugs to your Moodle installation.
- For Moodle version less than 1.9.7+
- Apply the above patch from Modules and Plugs to your Moodle installation
- Edit "version.php" in "moodle/mod/quiz" by increasing the value of "$module->version" by one.
- After installing the patch, click on "Notifications" in "Site Administration Block" .
User and teacher Manual
You can refer to User and Teacher Manuals located in Tracker here for detailed understanding of the features of OMR Quiz.
Testing with dummy data
Once you are done with the installation, test with dummy data located in Tracker here. Follow the instructions in the README file.
Extending Moodle to Support Offline Assessments (a PDF file located in Tracker here)
Archana Rane, Akshay Kumar, Harmeet Saini, and M Sasikumar.
page no 31-39, Proceedings of ELELTECH India November 2009, Hyderabad, India