Moodle 1.6.2 release notes
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle 1.6.2 release notes.
Release date: 12th September 2006
- Fixed handling of uploaded files in Database module
- Module instance id is now properly validated when creating course module object; developers should use get_coursemodule_from_id() to get valid $cm
- Default error reporting level was lowered to 5, E_WARNINGs are no longer displayed on production sites with debug off.
- Multiple problems leading to information leakage fixed in help.php file
- Fixed information leakage from scheduled backups
- Added basic detection of dataroot accessible from Internet, web installer now better suggests dataroot location outside of web file area
- Swf is now disabled by default in Mediaplugin
- forgot_password.php does not allow remote email or username enumeration by default, the old behavior can be enabled by setting protectusernames to No in site configuration
- Undisclosed SQL injections fixed by automatic data conversions in adodb layer
- Theoretical XSS problems fixed in doc/index.php and files/index.php scripts
- Access to tex and algebra files is blocked when filters are disabled
- Request for redirection in jumpto.php protected with sesskey
- Fixed error when upgrading forum read tracking
- Locales from language packs should finally work - please check your configuration variables and empty the locale field
- Added missing link for course request
- Fixed several glossary problems with non-ascii characters
- Fixed bug where you could not regrade a quiz question where the teacher had added a comment with a ' character.
- Quiz import of BlackBoard V6 files now much more reliable
- Fixed scheduled backups - they were broken in 1.6 and 1.6.1
- Fixed missing guest icons from course listing
- Database sessions respect sessiontimeout setting
- Fixed redirect problems during upgrade resulting in "Table xxx already exists"
- Lesson module: the "(Continue)" no longer displays for 3 seconds after branch tables.
- Lesson module: now properly checks import formats for support.
- Lesson module: feedback is set properly during the import process.
- and many other smaller fixes
- Authorize.net Payment Gateway: Auto configures credit card types if the merchant does not accept some types of credit cards
- Broken images in published question categories