Contact Form block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Contact Form block.
Originally based on: Moodle Web site Contact Form v_5 (by Nicole B. Hansen) (converted to a moodle block by Daryl Hawes)
This block has had many contributors, from Daryl Hawes in Moodle 1.5, Daniele Cordella in Moodle 1.6, Matt Campbell in Moodle 1.7 & 1.8 and Valery Fremaux from Moodle 1.8 upwards.
The Contact Form block is a block that allows the student to email the teacher of a course. If there are multiple teachers, the student gets to select the teacher(s) to send the email to. Copies are cc:d to the Administrator.
In general, each version of the block is only compatible with the same Moodle version, and you should not use a later version of the block with an earlier version of Moodle. Please be sure to select the correct version from the database entry.
- Links via an html link or form button to a page where the user can submit comments.
- Supports different behavior whether the block is displayed on the main site index or in a course.
- Includes global configuration options.
- Includes per block instance configuration options.
- Copy the entire contact_form folder from the blocks folder in the package into your Moodle site's blocks folder
- Visit the notifications page of your Moodle site with your browser. This is at Site Administration->Notifications.
The version for Moodle 1.8 added the ability to include a hidden recipient. Moodle1.9
The Moodle 1.9 Contact Form Block builds upon the work of all these contributors and adds many new features made possible in 1.9. This block was updated by Daniele Cordella with some assistance from Matt Campbell.
Specific changes from previous versions
- Converted block to use the Moodle formslib library.
- Added reCaptcha support. To use ReCAPTCHA, you must get a key and configure it on your Moodle install. See https://docs.moodle.org/en/Manage_authentication#ReCAPTCHA for details on enabling ReCAPTCHA.
- Added option for return receipts.
- Removed previous methods of determining course teachers and replaced with a role. block/contact_form:contactperson is enabled in the Teacher legacy role by default.
- Removed previous methods of adding a hidden recipient and replaced with a role. block/contact_form:hiddenrecipient is not enabled for any role when initially installed.
- http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=854 Modules and Plugins database entry
- Nicole B. Hansen
- Daryl Hawes
- Daniele Cordella
- Matt Campbell
- Valery Fremaux (www.mylearningfactory.com)