Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Chemistry/Biochemistry.
Regarding basic notation, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=111785&mode=1 See also:
- TeX filter - displays TeX notation as GIF images and will show full LaTeX implemention in Moodle 1.6 or later
- DragMath equation editor - a drag-and-drop equation editor that installs as a button in the regular editor, so that it is visible everywhere a user would enter text. Clicking the button launches an applet in a pop-up window so that the user can choose the parts of the equation.
- MathType - a commercial product compatible with many text-editing and presentation software programs, that works with Moodle.
The following Moodle add-ins are useful for making use of molecular data files in courses, and providing 3D visualisations:
- Jmol filter - display a 3D interactive molecule anywhere in Moodle
- Jmol resource module - display a 3D interactive molecule as a specific configurable resource
- Java Molecular Editor question type - ask students to design and submit a molecular structure.
Using Moodle forum discussions: