Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Blogs FAQ.
- 1 How can I limit blogging to specific users only?
- 2 How can I change the 'Publish to' default setting?
- 3 How can blogs be disabled completely?
- 4 What is new in blogs in Moodle 2.0?
- 5 Viewing Blogs (Moodle 2+)
- 6 See also
How can I limit blogging to specific users only?
See the Blogger role.
How can I change the 'Publish to' default setting?
By default, all blog entries are published to 'Anyone on this site'. To change the default setting to 'Yourself (draft)', see the Using Moodle discussion Changing the Publish to Default Setting.
How can blogs be disabled completely?
In Administration > Appearance > Blog set bloglevel to 'Disable blogs completely'.
What is new in blogs in Moodle 2.0?
See Blogs 2.0.
Viewing Blogs (Moodle 2+)
Initial notes follow. Need checking.
How can I see the blog of a particular person? (ie all the entries by a person)
- In the course, Click Participants > Student Name > [a new item appears in the nav block - you need to notice it] > Blogs > you will see "View all entries by Student Name"
How can I see all the blog entries for associated with a particular course?
- In the blogs block > "View all entries from this course"
- In the course, click Participants > Blogs. Note: The term 'blog' here could be misleading. What you get is "Blog Posts attatched with a course", not 'blogs'.
How can I see all the posts associated with a particular person associated with a particular course?
- Unsure so far
- Using Moodle Blogs forum