Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle.org FAQ.
- 1 I tried to make an account on moodle.org but I didn't get an email to confirm my address. Why?!
- 2 I'm getting tons of email copies of forum posts. How do I stop them?
- 3 What is the best way to ensure my question is answered?
- 4 Is it OK to post my question in more than one forum?
- 5 I have an idea for a new feature in Moodle. What do I do?
- 6 Where can I report any spam I come across on moodle.org?
- 7 My post has been incorrectly flagged as containing spam
- 8 Where can I report a problem on one of the Moodle community sites?
- 9 How are icons added next to certain users' forum posts?
- 10 What advertising is allowed on moodle.org?
- 11 How can I link automatically to a tracker issue from a forum post?
- 12 How can I link automatically to a page in the documentation wiki from a forum post?
- 13 What filters are used on moodle.org?
- 14 Where can I post a Moodle-related job advert?
- 15 Why does Moodle Docs use MediaWiki rather than the Moodle wiki module?
- 16 Where can I find the Moodle logo for use in my article?
- 17 Where can I post details of the Moodle conference I am organising?
- 18 How do I ask for my account on moodle.org to be deleted?
- 19 Why did I receive a password reset email when I didn't request it?
- 20 See also
I tried to make an account on moodle.org but I didn't get an email to confirm my address. Why?!
Most likely the email ended up in the spam folder of your email account.
I'm getting tons of email copies of forum posts. How do I stop them?
- Either open one of the emails, scroll to the bottom of it and click the link 'Unsubscribe from this forum' or 'Unsubscribe from all forums'
- Or log in to moodle.org then in Settings > My profile settings > Messaging uncheck email as a notification method for subscribed forum posts.
If you'd still like forum post notifications, just not so many emails, in Settings > My profile settings > Edit profile you can enable an email digest i.e. one email per day containing all recent forum post notifications.
You can also receive forum post notifications via popup or Jabber (see Settings > My profile settings > Messaging) or can monitor forum activity via an RSS feed.
What is the best way to ensure my question is answered?
See Moodle.org forums help for advice.
Is it OK to post my question in more than one forum?
Please choose only the most appropriate forum to post in. Posting the same question in multiple forums is of no benefit. It only fragments the support you receive and makes it more difficult for other users to find the correct information in the future when they do a search. (Source: Moodle.org forums Code of Conduct)
I have an idea for a new feature in Moodle. What do I do?
Where can I report any spam I come across on moodle.org?
To report spam in forum posts or comments, please use the 'Report as spam' link.
To report spam sent via Moodle messaging, or spam on any other Moodle community site, please email email@example.com.
My post has been incorrectly flagged as containing spam
Occasionally our spam prevention system reports false positives. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your forum post was blocked by mistake.
Where can I report a problem on one of the Moodle community sites?
Please check whether the problem has already been reported: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE. If not, create an issue for it, selecting Moodle community sites as project.
How are icons added next to certain users' forum posts?
What advertising is allowed on moodle.org?
See our Policy on Advertising.
Simply type the issue number e.g. MDL-1234.
Type the title of the page in double square brackets. To use words other than the page title as the text of the link, add the pipe "|" divider followed by the alternative text.
For example, to link to http://docs.moodle.org/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_1.9 type
[[Upgrading to Moodle 1.9]]
[[Upgrading to Moodle 1.9|Documentation on upgrading to 1.9]]
To link to a page in a documentation wiki in another language, add an extra pipe "|" divider followed by the language code.
For example, to link to http://docs.moodle.org/fr/Notes type
[[Notes|Notes documentation in French|fr]]
What filters are used on moodle.org?
See Filters used on the Moodle.org forums for the full list of standard and contributed filters.
Moodle-related jobs offered may be posted in the Moodle Jobs database.
Why does Moodle Docs use MediaWiki rather than the Moodle wiki module?
MediaWiki was chosen for our documentation wiki because it is designed to be used by thousands of people collaboratively editing a large numbers of pages. It has lots of features, such as inter-language linking, templates, categories, namespaces and page redirects, which are put to good use in Moodle Docs.
The wiki module is designed to be used within a Moodle course. Its features include nine different group options and the option to amend wiki permissions at course or activity level. It has far fewer tools than MediaWiki for handling large numbers of pages.
Where can I find the Moodle logo for use in my article?
A hi-res photoshop file with layers is available for download from http://moodle.org/images/moodle-logo.psd.zip
Where can I post details of the Moodle conference I am organising?
How do I ask for my account on moodle.org to be deleted?
Please email email@example.com, also for any other moodle.org account queries, such as problems resetting the password.
Why did I receive a password reset email when I didn't request it?
If someone accidentally mistypes their username when logging into moodle.org, and doesn't notice their mistake, it's likely they will request a new password. With over a million registered accounts on moodle.org, there's a good chance that the mistyped username is the same as someone else's. Thus a password reset email can be generated by mistake.
If you received a password reset email when you didn't request it, please just ignore it.
- Moodle.net FAQ
- Using Moodle Clarification on how moodle.org is itself constructed forum discussion