A resource is an item that a teacher can use to support learning, such as a file or link. Moodle supports a range of resource types which teachers can add to their course sections. In edit mode, a teacher can add resources via a drop down menu. Resources appear as a single link with an icon in front of it that represents the type of resource.
- File - a picture, a pdf document, a spreadsheet, a sound file, a video file.
- Folder - folders help organize files and one folder may contain other folders.
- IMS content package
- Label - can be a few displayed words or an image used to separate resources and activities in a topic section, or can be a lengthy description or instructions.
- Page - the student sees a single, scrollable screen that a teacher creates with the robust HTML editor.
- URL - you can send the student to any place they can reach on their web browser. Flickr, Youtube, Wikipedia or this page in Moodle Docs are a few examples.