Mobile Moodle FAQ
How can I use Moodle on mobile devices?
There are currently 3 main ways to use Moodle on mobile devices:
- Users can open Moodle sites in their mobile web browers (not recommended).
- Users can download native apps for their mobile devices.
- Admins can configure their Moodle site to be Mobile-accessible through server extensions.
- MoodleTouch (aka mTouch) for iOS, created by Ali OzGur.
- mPage for iOS and Android (work in progress), created by Mass Media HK.
- Mbot for Android, created by Code Guild.
- Do MobiQuiz - alpha version of web-client to accomplish Moodle quizzes on Iphone/Android devices and list HTML-pages.
- MoMo (Moodle for Mobiles) - Requires a server extension and a client app; supports most mobile OSes including Symbian.
- MLE-Moodle - Allows course designers to make a separate set of Moodle pages for mobile users.
- Moodbile - Reference implementation of Moodle Web Services. Under development.
- iPhone4Moodle - Under development.
- Development:Mobile app
- Moodle for Mobiles is designed to work with mobile phones in Japan.
- Creating Mobile Learning Tutorials for iPhone/iPod Touch
Moodle.org Forum Discussion
- Moodle Mobile for iPhone
- Moodle on Android
- Twitter plug-in for Moodle
- Moodle for mobile forum
- Moodle for Mobiles Quiz code released
- Re: Customised Scripts -Moodle for Mobiles projects use of
- Moodle for mobile browsers
- Moodle for Mobiles Project
- Comparisons and Advocacy > Mobile Moodle
- Proposal for Supporting Mobile Themes and Browser Detection
- Emulators for mobile platforms