Moodle 2 for mobile
This document has for purpose to define the official Moodle mobile application functionalities for Moodle 2.0. We will look to mobile phone application only.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Use cases
- 3 See also
In this section we will group all information about the current situation of Moodle for mobile.
- MTouch created by Ali OzGur (available April 2010)
- mPage created by Mass Media, HK (available May 24, 2010)
- iPhone4Moodle (available 2010)
- Moodle for Mobiles: MoMo
- MLE-Moodle - MLE-Moodle is a plugin for Moodle, which adds mLearning functionality to this open-source eLearning system.
Here are listed the use cases that should be possible on a mobile device.
When waiting in a small queue, short travel (bus). These use cases don't allow a full concentration. They are most likely going to be read-only action, that are going to be interrupted at any moment.
- Take a photo/video and send to your private file
- see messages from other people (private and forum)
- see my activities/assignements deadlines, specially the close ones
- see my grades (limited view)
- See list of my courses
- See list of my students per course
- See new submissions
- See grades (limited view)
When waiting for the doctor, long travel. these require full concentration
- Take a photo/video and post as attachment to a forum for discussion
- Take a photo/video and post to a database activity (including location)
- be able to answer a message
- Give grades if it doesn't require much effort
- See activities/assignements deadlines, with number of missing submissions
- Download all assignments (eg pdfs), grade them offline, send back to students
These use cases are required actions following the reception of an alert. They can be executed in a short time and they should have the full attention of the user. Even interrupted, the user is likely going to come back to it.
Settings and feature
- a switch to go from a Moodle Teacher app to Moodle student app, first time app is launching, select teacher or student / our implement two different app
- display a dashboard of the needs
- Update a location field in the profile with current location, for display with Google map
- Synch the participants of a course so we can have nice choose-lists of users in the app, like Contacts app or Coverflow