Moodle 2 for mobile
This document has for purpose to define the official Moodle mobile application functionalities for Moodle 2.0. We will look to mobile phone application only.
In this section we will group all information about the current situation of Moodle for mobile.
- MTouch created by Ali OzGur (available April 2010)
- mPage created by Mass Media, HK (available May 24, 2010)
- iPhone4Moodle (available 2010)
- Moodle for Mobiles: MoMo
- MLE-Moodle - MLE-Moodle is a plugin for Moodle, which adds mLearning functionality to this open-source eLearning system.
Here are listed the use cases that should be possible on a mobile device.
When waiting in a small queue, short travel (bus). These use cases don't allow a full concentration. They are mostly going to be read-only action, that are going to be interrupted at any moment.
- Update a location field in the profile with current location, for display with Google map
- Take a photo/video and post as attachment to a forum for discussion
- Take a photo/video and post to a database activity (including location)
- Take a photo/video and send to your private file
When waiting for the doctor, long travel.
These use cases are required actions following the reception of an alert. They can be executed in a short time and they should have the full attention of the user. Even interrupted, the user is likely going to come back to it.