User talk:Helen Foster
- 1 More hierarchy
- 2 Do you monitor all talk pages?
- 3 Moodle profile
- 4 German moodle docs possible?
- 5 German User Docs
- 6 Documentation for different versions
- 7 Hungarian Moodle Docs
- 8 Belarusian Docs is possible?
- 9 Template styles
- 10 Slovak Moodle Documentation
- 11 Polish Moodle Documentation
- 12 Removing erroneous pages
- 13 Request for help (check)
- 14 Moodle Doc Is Great
- 15 Moodle Docs Wiki accidentally switched to Portuguese?
- 16 tr wiki
Hi Helen, I think this wiki is very useful and I would like to thank you for the work you are putting into it. I like your navigation boxes on the module pages. I have a suggestion for extending these: I think it would be nice to have an extra link that allows one to go higher up in the hierarcy to Teacher_documentation. What do you think? --Gustav Delius 17:48, 26 January 2006 (WST)
- Hi Gustav, thanks for your kind words. Your contributions to the documentation are most welcome. Please feel free to edit Template:Quizzes or any other template page. You may also wish to consider further use of category pages e.g. Category:Teacher for navigation. -- Helen Foster 18:26, 26 January 2006 (WST)
Do you monitor all talk pages?
Helen, I have posted another question for you on Talk:mod/quiz/index. Do you get alerted to anything I put on any talk page or should I post on this page if I want you to see it? --Delius 18:01, 26 January 2006 (WST)
- Hi Gustav, please note that I often check Recent changes or the rss feed. --Helen 18:26, 26 January 2006 (WST)
- Hey, let's discover the wiki way together! :-) --Helen 00:24, 27 January 2006 (WST)
Helen- I think you should link to your moodle profile like Martin does (assuming you have one, which I assume <grin>). -- D.I. 29Jan06 Wow, you're fast.. .or I'm confused. --D.I. 29Jan06
- Hi D.I. thanks for your suggestion, which someone else seem to be following up! ;-) --Helen 05:00, 30 January 2006 (WST)
German moodle docs possible?
thank you very much for these nice and structured doc pages. When do you plan to launch a german part of the docs.moodle.org pages? I ask these question because i can translate some of the english doc pages to german.
- Hi Christoph, thanks for your kind offer of translation. Please email docs AT moodle DOT org so I may get in touch with you easily when the German Moodle documentation is launched. --Helen 05:17, 30 January 2006 (WST)
German User Docs
Thanks a lot, Helen, for all your work. I would also like to help with the German version.
- Hi Ulrike, thanks for your kind offer too. MoodleDocs in other languages will happen soon, for sure! --Helen 08:30, 31 January 2006 (WST)
Documentation for different versions
Is there a mechanism for specifying which version of Moodle a particular document refers to? If, for instance, a feature is only available in version 1.6, how would a 1.5.3 user know they couldn't follow these instructions?
Equally, if something is done differently in two versions, how would we stop an edit war breaking out between 1.5.3 and 1.6 users?
I appreciate this probably isn't an issue just yet, but it's possible it may become one in later versions.
Chris Fryer 19:20, 1 February 2006 (WST)
- Hi ChrisF, thanks for highlighting the issue of differences in Moodle versions. Perhaps a Moodle 1.6 template, inserted using the code
, may be used to show features specific to Moodle 1.6. What do you think? --Helen 04:22, 4 February 2006 (WST)
- Good idea. I think that would clear it up nicely. CHRISF 18:08, 7 February 2006 (WST)
Hungarian Moodle Docs
Hello Helen, I may be knocking at the wrong door. Could you please create a folder for me to start Moodle documentation in Hungarian please? Thanks a lot. Karoly
(Karoly Fabricz, kfabricz AT vnet DOT hu)
- Hi Karoly, thanks for your kind offer. Please read the information on starting Moodle Docs in another language. I'll be in touch soon. --Helen Foster 17:09, 15 March 2006 (WST)
Belarusian Docs is possible?
I would like to manage Moodle documentation on Belarusian. Could you create a folder for me to start Moodle documentation in Belarusian, please? Аlphabetic acronym of Belarusian language is be.
Sincerely, Maryia Davidouskaia (maryia at iatp dot by)
- Hi Maryia, thanks for your kind offer. As I said to Karoly, please read the information on starting Moodle Docs in another language, and remember that the more people that are involved in creating the documentation, the better it will be. I'll be in touch soon. --Helen Foster 17:09, 15 March 2006 (WST)
Ok, You are a STAR!
Hi Helen! I noticed that you reverted my edits on Template:Book and Template:Assignments. You were right -- I didn't realise that the style doesn't match moodle.org style. However, the current template doesn't look right either. It should float to the right instead of occupying a substantial part of the upper screen (for eg. on Calculated question developer docs page) -- this wil provide easier navigation. Also, the tempalate should be colorful and/or bordered -- this looks more attractive and the reader can understand that it is not a part of the article. May be we can have orange or similar colored templates (such as Template:Large Installations and Template:excerpted from Jason Cole) that match with moodle.org style? Is there any official style documentation? Is there a moodle.org style guide which describes styles for templates -- I couldn't find one? Utkarshraj Atmaram 17:40, 30 March 2006 (WST)
- Hi Utkarshraj, thanks for your contributions to Moodle Docs. As you've found, MoodleDocs:Style guide and MoodleDocs:Styling contain all the Moodle Docs styling documentation to-date. Please add your comments about template styling to MoodleDocs talk:Styling. --Helen Foster 17:26, 31 March 2006 (WST)
- LoL, I just realized that the problem is not with the templates, but with themes. Templates just look find with the MoodleDocs theme, but when I am logged in, I use MonoBook theme -- it doesn't display them as right-aligned (at Wikipedia, we explicity make the templates right-aligned). Sorry for wasting your time! Utkarshraj Atmaram 14:44, 18 April 2006 (WST)
Slovak Moodle Documentation
Hi, Helen. We would like to start work on translation on Moodle Slovak (sk) documentation. Please, do you think is it possible? Thank you.
Sincerely, Juraj Chlebec firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hi Juraj, thanks for your offer. Please note that, for non iso-8859-1 languages we need to wait for moodle.org to be converted to UTF-8 (since Moodle Docs authenticates against moodle.org) before setting things up. I'll be in contact when this is done. --Helen Foster 22:05, 10 April 2006 (WST)
Polish Moodle Documentation
Hello, Helen. I saw Your comments to Juraj's post, so just want to let you know that we are ready to start polish translation. Hope the situation will change soon.
Removing erroneous pages
How can unsuitable pages be removed? I just found RHLANGUAGE which is not documentation-quality... Maybe you could do it (please) Helen? Not sure.
Best, Dan --Dan Stowell 04:24, 4 May 2006 (WST)
- Thanks Dan, for future reference please add the deletion template,
, to any unsuitable page you find. --Helen Foster 04:45, 5 May 2006 (WST)
Request for help (check)
Hi, Sun, could you check this page: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Release_Notes all the info written both in 1.6 and 1.5.4 relative to the Authorize plugin? Ethem Evlice requested me to do so, but you know, I'm not the best English checker in the world! ;-) Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) 17:35, 11 May 2006 (WST)
- NP Sol, I've done as requested :-) --Helen Foster 19:51, 15 May 2006 (WST)
Moodle Doc Is Great
You have done a great job and inspired me to use Media Wiki!
- Thanks Martin, though it's everyone's contributions that make Moodle Docs a great resource! --Helen Foster 06:36, 24 May 2006 (WST)
Moodle Docs Wiki accidentally switched to Portuguese?
Hi Helen, all of the built in Mediawiki content is appearing in Portuguese for me, both before and after I log in. Perhaps an admin setting that's been accidentally changed? --David Scotson 17:36, 27 Maio 2006 (WST)
- To clarify, only some of the Mediawiki content is in Portuguese. If I go to to the user preferences and choose Portuguese it changes even more text. Changing back to English only returns some text to English. However, choosing French changes all Mediawiki text to French. From this I'm guessing that someone may have overwritten some of the english language files on the server with Portuguese ones. --David Scotson 17:40, 27 Maio 2006 (WST)
Can you arrange for a wiki https://docs.moodle.org/tr (Türkçe) to be set up.