UTF-8 migration > Problems
Problems (and solutions!)
- Password field(s) can be encoded in anything, and it is encrypted using a one way md5 hash. This means that we can not reverse the md5, thus if a string was encoded in an arbitrary language, we can not do the proper DB migration for that. Possible solution: auto generate new password and send to all users?
- Exercise - password - md5
- Lesson, lesson_default - password - md5
- Workshop - password - md5
- Quiz module, the use of field "uniqueid" in attempts - uniqueid is used to link to quiz_states table which is in turn linked to many quiz tables. dev - linked using uniqueid? stable - linked using id??