This page is a starting point for Moodle theme developers.
Moodle has a powerful themes system that allows for a variety of effects through the use of HTML and CSS.
- Themes overview
- Creating a theme based on boost
- Creating a theme based on classic
- Moving your theme to use boost as a parent theme
- Updating a boost based theme
- Using images
- Theme settings page
- Adding theme upgrade code
- Extending the custom menu
- Overriding a renderer
- Theme checklist
- List of all themes-related developer documentation
- Install a New Theme MoodleBites video on YouTube
- Moodle Partner online courses for Theme designers Level 1 (foundation) and Level 2 (advanced)