Testing instructions guide
Revision as of 01:46, 26 March 2018 by Andrew Nicols (Make the list a little clearer, and add a link to Jira markdown formatting.)
This page has suggestions for developers on how to write good testing instructions for the weekly testing of integrated issues.
We recommend that you:
- Number the steps in your test, and make use of sub-lists.
- Promote test validations - Confirm, Verify or Ensure - should be in bold so that they are easily identifiable.
- Only put one test validation on each line - A test step should only have one test validation at a time.
- Make use of the Jira Markdown formatting.
In addition, the following items may be included:
- Setup requirements. If so, provide a link to the documentation e.g. https://docs.moodle.org/en/OAuth_2_services if necessary writing something in the dev docs.
- Whether testing may be done using the Moodle QA testing site.
- Whether the Boost and / or Clean theme should be used.
- Whether more than one browser should be used. (Tester should specify which browsers they used.)
- Whether extra testing around the issue is required.