Purpose of page
I think others have an idea, but some of us are confused about what is what. I am going through the condiditional activity forum to track what has been posted. I started with the summary of Alvin Shaffer - Wednesday, 21 June 2006, 08:18 AM as the outline. Comments placed here are out of context and were made by others in the forum threads listed below. I would like to see the link to the best versions 1.5.3 and 1.6 versions of AL placed on the article page.--chris collman 19:13, 23 June 2006 (WST)
AL 3.0 is conditional based vs AL 2.1 being more straight forward AL based.
These threads link to the Conditional Activity forum.
- AL v2.1-M1.6 titled Activity Locking v2.1 (for Moodle 1.6)
- AL v3.0-Mx titled Activity Locking v3
- AL v3.0-DD titled NEW research on CONDITIONAL ACTIVITIES in Moodle
- AL v2.1 LALR titled Latest Activity Locking Release started 19 October 2005
- AL v2.1 wH1.6 titled Re: Certificate for 1.6 with security in Activity Modules forum
Future of Conditional Activities
Let's use this to brainstorm additional features of conditional activities we would like to see as well.--N Hansen 20:18, 25 June 2006 (WST)
One feature that is missing is related to choice module. Making a lock dependent on a choice module instance only makes it so that the student has to view the choice, not actually make a choice. It seems that answering the choice should be required.
Locking a topic is an all-or-nothing proposition. If you lock at topic, you cannot have individual conditions on locking of the items inside that topic. It would be nice if this were not the case.