Site admin presets
|Site admin presets|
|Discussion||Site admin presets in Moodle 4.0|
|Assignee||Pimenko, Sara Arjona and Amaia Anabitarte|
As an admin
- I want to load administration presets
- So I can easily switch between different site admin configurations
This feature is partially implemented by the third-party plugin Admin presets, created by David Monllaó and maintained by developers from Pimenko. The plugin lets admins import/export admin settings. This project adds enabled/disabled plugins data too.
- The block should be converted to an admin tool.
- A link "Site admin presets" (pointing to 3rd-party plugin main page) should be displayed in the Site administration.
- The admin tool should follow the Moodle coding style and policy rules.
- The “Auto exclude sensitive settings” setting should be checked by default.
- The tool_admin_presets setting should be reviewed to confirm it includes all the sensitive settings that have been added recently.
- Presets should also include plugins visibility in order to let admins export/preview/load the list of plugins and their visibility (the original third-party plugin only includes settings).
- Moodle LMS should include, by default, 2 site admin presets, Starter and Full.
- Starter will disable most of the settings and plugins in order to make it easier for users to find the most common features.
- Full will include settings and plugins configuration as in Moodle 4.0
Starter preset setting changes
|Advanced features||Disable comments, tags, notes, blogs, badges, analytics, competencies|
|Users / Privacy and policies||Disable Show data retention summary|
|Courses / Activity chooser / Activity chooser settings||Set Activity chooser tabs to "Starred, All, Recommended"|
|Plugins / Activity modules / Manage activities||Hide chat, database, external tool, IMS content package, lesson, SCORM, survey, wiki, workshop|
|Plugins / Activity modules / Forum||Maximum number of attachments = 3|
|Plugins / Authentication / Manage authentication||Hide Guest login button|
|Plugins / Availability restrictions / Manage restrictions||Hide Grouping, User profile|
|Plugins / Activity modules / Manage blocks||Hide Activities, Blog menu, Blog tags, Comments, Course completion status, Courses, Flickr, Global search, Latest badges, Learning plans, Logged in user, Login, Main menu, Mentees, Network servers, Online users, Private files, Recent blog entries, Recently accessed courses, Search forums, Section links, Social activities, Starred courses, Tags, YouTube
|Plugins / Course formats / Manage course formats||Disable Social format|
|Plugins / Enrolments / Manage enrol plugins||Disable Cohort sync, Guest access|
|Plugins / Filters / Manage filters||Disable MathJax, Activity names auto-linking|
|Plugins / Question behaviours / Manage question behaviours||Disable Adaptive mode (no penalties), Deferred feedback with CBM, Immediate feedback with CBM|
|Plugins / Question types / Manage question types||Disable Calculated, Calculated multichoice, Calculated simple, Drag and drop into text, Drag and drop markers, Drag and drop onto image, Embedded answers (Cloze), Numerical, Random short-answer matching|
|Plugins / Repositories / Manage repositories||Disable Server files, URL downloader, Wikimedia|
|Plugins / Text editors / Manage editors||Disable TinyMCE HTML editor|
Migrating from block_admin_preset to tool_admin_preset
There are no plans to create any migration tool or similar. However, the tool_admin_preset follows the same XML than the block_admin_preset so users can export their presets from the block_admin_preset and import them in the tool_admin_preset.
Defining the preset to be installed
A $CFG setting in the config.php file allows you to specify the preset which will be installed during the install process (MDL-73145):
// The site admin presets plugin has been integrated in Moodle LMS. You can use a setting in case you // want to apply a preset during the installation: // // $CFG->setsitepresetduringinstall = 'starter';