This page is to talk about the (likely) entrance of NWiki into 1.9 core.
Rigth Now DFwikiteam is focussed in the following issues:
- NWiki complies with XHTML transitional.
- We are working to meet XHTML strict at mid May '07 (hopefully by may 15)
Logs and stats
We need to ckeck out stats and logs with nwiki.
- Done! June 2007
Code Tunning : new wiki api
There's a big issue in the code, the $WS variable that acts like a big set of global variables.
- We are getting $WS smaller day by day
- We are witting a new internal API to create an internal layer of services for developers.
While this api is being developed a set of PHPUnit tests are being developed to ensure the quality of the thing.
shall we trim nwiki ?
NWiki is Huge ! As many have said we implement a lot of features that maybe are not necessary for everybody. We could have a reduced set of nwiki into the oficial distribution and a 3rd party and a extended version as 3rd part plug in. Things that could be taken outside:
Maybe we keep them
- wiki course format
- discussion pages ?
- grading in wikis ?
- ranking and votes?
- integration with tiddlywiki ?
So far the data migration works fine. No bugs reported without attending.
Let's rememeber to complete the PDF export thing (HTML Editor wiki pages are not exported)