Difference between revisions of "Moodle 3.6 release notes"
m (fix link and strong message)
(major features and other highlights WIP)
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
* Safari 7 and below
* Safari 7 and below
Revision as of 20:17, 27 November 2018
|Note: This page will continue to be updated until Moodle 3.6 is released.|
Releases > Moodle 3.6 release notes Release date: Not yet released - scheduled for 03 December 2018
Here is the full list of fixed issues in 3.6.
If you are upgrading from a previous version, please see Upgrading in the user docs. In particular, for sites using a custom theme or login form, from 3.6 onwards, the login form must include a new login token field. See Login token for details.
These are just the minimum supported versions. We recommend keeping all of your software and operating systems up-to-date.
- Moodle upgrade: Moodle 3.1 or later
- PHP version: minimum PHP 7.0.0 Note: minimum PHP version has increased since Moodle 3.3. PHP 7.1.x and 7.2.x are supported too. PHP 7.3.x support is being implemented (@ MDL-63420) and not ready for production with this release.
- PHP extension intl is required since Moodle 3.4 (it was recommended in 2.0 onwards)
Moodle supports the following database servers. Again, version numbers are just the minimum supported version. We recommend running the latest stable version of any software.
|Microsoft SQL Server||2008||Latest|
Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. We regularly test Moodle with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date. https://whatbrowser.org
Note: Legacy browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.5:
- Internet Explorer 10 and below
- Safari 7 and below
- MDL-57272 - Group messaging
- MDL-63044 - New Course overview and Timeline blocks
- MDL-63062 - New 'Recently accessed courses' block
- MDL-58943 - Nextcloud integration, with a Nextcloud repository and OAuth 2 Nextcloud service
- MDL-27520 - Assignment feedback can include media or other files
- MDL-6074 - Option to hide your name in the online users block
- MDL-62309 - Option to make site policies required or optional
- MDL-61652 - Capabilities for controlling who can download SAR data
- MDL-41265 - Option to hide the last modified date in a Page resource
- MDL-53566 - Freezing / enabling read-only access only for categories, courses, activities and their content
- MDL-14274 - IF conditions in grade calculations
- MDL-37624 - Calendar entries location support
- MDL-45170 - Copy and paste of images from one wsyiwyg window to another
- MDL-54035 - Performance improvements with a lot of data in mdl_cache_flags
- MDL-36754 - Images are displayed in forum notification emails
- MDL-59259 - Course format options may be specified in upload courses CSV file
- MDL-62708 - Option to add ID numbers to questions and question categories
- MDL-46415 - SVG / high resolution emoticons
- MDL-47962 - Glossary auto-linking filter performance improvements
A number of security related issues were resolved. Details of these issues will be released after a period of approximately one week to allow system administrators to safely update to the latest version.
Privacy API update
Two new methods need to be implemented in the privacy provider class for plugins that store user data:
Note these changes are also required for latest Moodle 3.4.6, 3.5.3 versions.
Behat scenario filesMDL-57281 - The behat step
I navigate to "ITEM" node in "MAINNODE > PATH"has been deprecated and throws an exception with details on how to replace it. The recommended replacement steps work in all recent Moodle versions, the updated Behat will pass with Moodle 3.4, too.
If your plugin provides an alternative login form (e.g. it is a theme replacing the default login form template / renderer), the login form must include a new login token field. For details of required changes, see Login token. Note that this also affects latest stable branches, too.
Component APIs upgrades
Please refer to the upgrade.txt files in the relevant component directory for changes in particular Moodle release.