Moodle 1.9.4 release notes
Revision as of 19:35, 11 May 2012 by Séverin Terrier (French link)
Notice: Moodle Docs will be switched to read-only mode starting on Tuesday 17 October 14:00 UTC for server maintenance. The estimated read-only period should not take more than 24 hours.
Release date: 28th January 2009
- MDL-17205 New options to allow Moodle to be configured to comply with European and US privacy regulations, like FERPA.
- Fix multiple bugs relating to creating and editing course categories. Previously, giving admin permissions in a category and its subcategories did not work reliably. In the process, the separate create, update and delete category capabilities were replaced with moodle/category:manage, and moodle/category:visibility was renamed to moodle/category:viewhiddencategories.
- MDL-8648 Essay questions can now be randomised by random questions. This must be enabled under Administration > Miscellaneous > Experimental.
- MDL-14926 A new capability mod/quiz:reviewmyattempts, separate from mod/quiz:attempt. This let's you create a read-only role that lets students see what they have done on a course in the past, without being able to change anything any more.
- MDL-16651 A new capability mod/scorm:deleteresponses allowing deletion of SCORM attempts
- MDL-6160 Email notification of course requests, and a new capability moodle/course:request to control who can request courses.
- MDL-17364 New Forum setting for enabling AJAX forum ratings
- MDL-10021 New option, "Yes, without frame", for the file resource "Keep page navigation visible on the same page" setting. This option displays a resource in a XHTML strict page. Other options have been kept.
- MDL-16999 Some database module settings have been fixed ('Required Entries' and ' Required Entries before viewing). If the fix has an impact on your Moodle installation, you will be warned during upgrade.
- MSA-09-0001 No way easy to remove pictures of deleted users
- MSA-09-0002 User pix disclosure
- MSA-09-0003 Vulnerability in Snoopy 1.2.3
- MSA-09-0004 XSS vulnerabilities in HTML blocks if "Login as" used
- MSA-09-0005 Moodle 'spell-check-logic.cgi' Insecure Temporary File Creation Vulnerability
- MSA-09-0006 Calendar export may allow brute force attacks
- MSA-09-0007 Missing input validation in logs allows potential XSS attacks
- MSA-09-0008 CSRF vulnerability in forum code
New language strings file
New language pack
- Kazakh - Калима Туенбаева
(See Translation credits for additional details.)
Known problems and regressions
- New Security overview report on large sites extremely slow and overloading database server MDL-18040 - update to latest weekly or copy /admin/report/security/* files from latest weekly