Short URL: https://moodle.com/moodlenet
Note: This page describes a new project started in 2017. For the legacy mechanism of inter-connecting multiple Moodle and Mahara sites into a network, please see the MNet page.
What is MoodleNet?
MoodleNet is described by Martin Dougiamas, CEO of Moodle as, "a new open social media platform for educators, focussed on professional development and open content". MoodleNet will be an integral part of the Moodle ecosystem. We'll be building out this page as the project develops and there's an overview document here.
Once complete, we envisage that MoodleNet will consist of some or all of the following:
- Social networking
- Connection to open content
- Global search
There are some further details in this draft white paper from early 2018.
MoodleNet will be built according to the following principles:
There are many options for keeping up-to-date with the MoodleNet project:
- Blog - official project updates by the team
- Community calls - monthly meetings to interact synchronously with the community
- Discussion forum - a place to discuss and debate the various aspects of the project
- Telegram channel - smaller updates about the project (also provides notifications when blog posts are published)
Meetings and events
- Design Sprint (May 2018)
- UK & Ireland MoodleMoot sessions (March 2018)
- Miami MoodleMoot sessions (Nov 2017)
Organisation and tracking
Once we move into the production phase of the project, we're currently planning to keep track of work on the project using Trello cards linked to JIRA issues:
Icons from flaticon.com