Note: MoodleNet is replacing moodle.net. Find out how that affects you here here.
What is MoodleNet?
MoodleNet is a new open social media platform for educators, focussed on professional development and open content. It sustainably empowers communities of educators to share and learn from each other to improve the quality of education. It is an integral part of the Moodle ecosystem.
Last updated: 4th September 2019'
After testing an updated user interface, we have created a read-only version on our staging server. Weare now working on:
- Refactoring the backend codebase
- Federation (fetch/serve)
- September 2019 - finish refactor and implement new UI, start early federation testing
- October 2019 - finish work on moderation, basic security review, federation testing with community
- November 2019 - interoperability with other Fediverse apps, 'join MoodleNet' instance picker, beta launch
- December 2019 - bug fixing, missing functionality (e.g. 'request resource')
More detail on the Roadmap page.
- Tech choices
- Value Proposition Design
- White paper (2018)
- Scenarios (WIP)
- Other research
- MoodleNet consultancy
- European Copyright Directive
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Beta testing
- Decision log
Meetings and events
- MoodleMoot UK & Ireland (April 2019)
- Barcelona workweek (November 2018)
- MoodleMoot US (October 2018)
- Mozilla Festival workshop (October 2018)
- Front-end development workshop (September 2018)
- ALT-C presentation (September 2018)
- MountainMoot session (July 2018)
- MoodleMoot Spain session (June 2018)
- Design Sprint (May 2018)
- UK & Ireland MoodleMoot sessions (March 2018)
- Miami MoodleMoot sessions (Nov 2017)
Icons from flaticon.com