Short URL: https://moodle.com/moodlenet
Note: This page describes a new project started in 2017. For the legacy mechanism of inter-connecting multiple Moodle and Mahara sites into a network, please see the MNet page.
What is MoodleNet?
MoodleNet is described by Martin Dougiamas, CEO of Moodle as, "a new open social media platform for educators, focussed on professional development and open content". MoodleNet will be an integral part of the Moodle ecosystem. We'll be building out this page as the project develops and there's an overview document here.
Eventually, MoodleNet will consist of eight components:
- Social networking
- Connection to open content
- Global search
MoodleNet will be built according to the following principles. The links below take you to a blog post unpacking each one:
There are many options for keeping up-to-date with the MoodleNet projcet:
- Blog - official project updates by the team
- Discussion forum - a place to discuss and debate the various aspects of the project
- Telegram channel - smaller updates about the project (also provides notifications when blog posts are published)
To keep track of work on the project we will be using Trello cards linked to JIRA issues:
Meetings and events
- Notes from meetings
- Community calls
- Design Sprint (May 2018)
- UK & Ireland MoodleMoot sessions (March 2018)
- Miami MoodleMoot sessions (Nov 2017)
Icons from flaticon.com