Latest release notes
Release date: 5th May 2011
- MDL-9376 - Q and A forum editing time allows students to see other posts and modify their own
- MDL-4633 - The description field is now a required user profile field
- MDL-26697 - Multiple multimedia plugin filter fixes and improvements
- MDL-24724 - There is now a link to send messages on basic profile pages
User interface changes
- MDL-26388 - Duplicate files uploaded through the file picker are now handled
- MDL-26535 - New capability mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished for controlling visibility of workshop published submission authors
- MDL-25834 - Fixes to themes for IE
For details of resolved security issues, see http://moodle.org/security/.
- MDL-26803 - "Force password change" not happening
- MDL-25122 - Quiz review page does not check and enforce separate groups mode
- MDL-26621 - System user profile leaks email when maildisplay == 2
- MDL-26838 - Ability to fill a database with invalid records through ratings
- MDL-26854 - Ability to generate invalid records in the comments table in the database
Changes to APIs
- Multiple fixes to ratings
- Modules etc wanting to make use of ratings are now required to implement two callback functions, modname_rating_permissions() and modname_rating_validate(). Full details of the callbacks are available in the rating 2.0 documentation
- Comments API improvements
- Plugins intending to use comments are required to implement two callback functions: pluginname_comment_validate(), and pluginname_comment_permissions. Please read full details in Comments documentation.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-26643 - Fixed blog visibility issue after update
- MDL-26768 - Grades from Lessons are now correctly set to null on non-attempt
- MDL-26798 - Fixes to Dropbox repository integration
- MDL-27116 - Fixed theme directory linking
- MDL-27246 - Able to checkout strings in the language customisation tool
- MDL-27251 - Added optional timeout estimation to file downloads based on file size as it can blocks upgrade
- MDL-27394 - Backup and restore might sometimes have scrambled the order of choices in question types.
A total of over 200 changes were made. See the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.3.
Release date: 21st February 2011
Here is the full list of issues fixed in 1.9.11
- MDL-16336 - HTML editor doesn't appear in Google Chrome
- MDL-22970 - Glossary import displays too many items in recent activity
- MDL-21001 - Range column no longer displayed
- MDL-24699 - update_user_record function does not specify mnethostid when updating the user table
- MDL-14934 - Reports/logs download in Excel format shows wrong time
- MSA-11-0002 Cross-site request forgery vulnerability in RSS block
- MSA-11-0003 Cross-site scripting vulnerability in tag autocomplete
- MSA-11-0008 IMS enterprise enrolment file may disclose sensitive information
Release date: 3rd December, 2010
- MSA-10-0016 Multiple phpCAS library vulnerabilities
Also notice there was a security problem in the optional phpMyAdmin module:
- MSA-10-0014 Customised phpMyAdmin upgraded to 2.11.11
Note: This is the last formal release of the 1.8 branch. Support for this branch has been discontinued. We highly recommend you upgrade!
Release date: 28th January 2009
Note: This is the last formal release of the 1.7 branch. Support for this branch has been discontinued. We highly recommend you upgrade!
Release date: 28th January 2009
Note: This is the last formal release of the 1.6 branch. Support for this branch has been discontinued. We highly recommend you upgrade!
- Moodle version history for dates of release and links to notes for earlier versions
- Updatespt:Versões do Moodle