|Moodle Forum Revamp|
|Project state||In Development|
|Assignee||Jason Fowler & Andrew Nicols @ Moodle HQ|
- Improve accessibility of the Moodle Forums
- Make the forums more modern in appearance
- Make the code in the forums module more manageable
- Implement renderers and renderables
- Backwards compatibility
- Creating sub-plugins for "Forum Types" (Q&A etc) and "Forum Formats"
- Subscription management
- Editor Lite - a cut down version of Atto for "Reply inline"
At present the Moodle forums are the oldest part of the code base, and lag behind the rest of Moodle in a big way.
We hope to implement a new interface for the forums, based on the accessible view from MoodleRooms' HSU Forum, and add some new functionality over time.