Forum notifications as messages
Revision as of 02:32, 11 October 2010 by Andrew Davis
WARNING: Under construction RIGHT NOW!
Forum notifications appear on /message/index.php which is annoying and confusing. There two closely related problems:
- Each forum post notification consumes a lot of screen real estate. See the below screenshot for an example.
- Forum notifications appear to be coming from the author of the forum post and so are displayed among personal messages. For example if two users, Mary and John, are having a conversation via personal messages and Mary posts in a forum, John's notification of that post will appear among their personal messages as if it were a personal message from Mary.
- Reduce the real estate consumed by forum notifications and visually differentiate them from personal messages.
- Differentiate messages and notifications.
- Try to avoid putting forum notifications through the messaging system.
- Are there any other alternatives?