Developer meeting July 2015
Developer meetings > July 2015 meeting notes
|Time||07:00 UTC on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 Add to my calendar|
|Meeting room||Live stream at YouTube|
|Forum discussion||Thread in GDF at moodle.org|
|Chat||Regular dev chat|
|Social event page||Google+ page|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Summary report of the recent MoodleMoot Working groups and hackfests (Dublin, Melbourne)
- 1.2 Moodle Association and how it is supposed to affect the Moodle development in the future
- 1.3 Moodle HQ's personal projects week products - HQ devs
- 1.4 Moodle Mobile 2
- 1.5 User disguises (previously anonymous forum)
Summary report of the recent MoodleMoot Working groups and hackfests (Dublin, Melbourne)
Michael de Raadt, David Mudrák, and Andrew Nicols
Melbourne Working group and hackfests
- Course Rollover - Andrew Nicols
Dublin Working group and hackfests
Moodle Association and how it is supposed to affect the Moodle development in the future
Moodle HQ's personal projects week products - HQ devs
- Improved East Asian support (ruby tags in Atto and in fullname()) - Jetha Chan
- mod_lesson improved lesson creation tool - Adrian Greeve
- Events Graphic Reports plugin - Simey Lameze
- Moodle - Ifttt integration - Ankit Agarwal
- Tag API changes in 3.0 - Marina Glancy
Moodle Mobile 2
User disguises (previously anonymous forum)
I've been looking at how we can implement MDL-1071 - Anonymous Forums for a while and have recently started to write-up my notes. I believe that this is a realisable goal and I briefly discussed it at the recent Australian Moot's hackfest.
My intention is to implement this at the context-level so that, in theory, any module, or block can support the feature. Some of the feedback that I received at the hackfest was that this should be renamed as Moodle can never really provide true anonymity - it is always possible in some way to determine a user identity (e.g. logs). As a result, I've suggested the name "User Disguises".
My working notes and summary of the issue (still a work in progress).
Please feel encouraged to raise topics you would like to present / discuss during the meeting. Contact David Mudrák for details.