This page outlines the admin settings that can (and probably should) be set when developing Moodle. Do Not use these settings on a production system, as it will cause major performance issues. You can adjust these to your requirements, but they should cover most areas of development.
All the links below can be found in the Settings block.
The following settings will display errors, warnings, and notices generated by your code that should be fixed.
Site administration ► Development ► Debugging
- Set "Debug Messages" to "DEVELOPER"
- Check "Display Debug Messages"
- Other settings on this page can be enabled as required.
- Disable "YUI Combo Loading"
This setting will ensure that CSS and image changes are reflected immediately
Site administration ► Appearance ► Themes ► Theme settings
- Check "Theme Designer Mode"
This setting will ensure that any language string changes are reflected immediately
Site administration ► Language ► Language settings
- Uncheck "Cache all language strings"