Difference between revisions of "Conditional activities"
(→Adaptive learning questions)
m (cat edit)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 15:46, 13 March 2008
This is a developer's page for Moodle Version 2.0. A conditional activity is a dependency filter that prevents a student from entering and/or seeing an activity, resource, section or other Moodle course feature. Typical conditions are based upon an overall score, a score on a specific activity and time spent.
For example, a student will not see the second topic until they have scored 80% or higher on the first topic's quiz.
Different attempts at conditional activities in the Using Moodle Conditional Activities forum; generating a course page for each user requires lots of processing (Martin).
Possible solution (David Delgado): add a conditional activities on/off selection for each course, being defaulted to off. Normal behaviour would be just the same as now, and conditional activities extra processing power would be used just for the courses that would need them. So, we would get the best of both sytems: fast default behaviour (no conditional activities used) and powerful adaptive e-learning posibilities (conditional activities used). Could it be a good solution? Hope so. :-)
Adaptive learning questions
Current (through 1.6)non standard conditional activity modules use a minimum score.
- Are we going to allow the teacher a choice to make the cut off a greater than or a less than condition?
- Are we thinking of expanding the condition to defining a range of scores, greater than X and less than Y? --chris collman 14:37, 28 December 2006 (CST)
- Are there plans to create automatic conditionally filtered courses, i.e. The system preventing the enrolment of a user that hasn't passed a course that is requisite to another course?
- Take a look at the Conditional activities forum at http://moodle.org.
- Activity_Locking, a MoodleDoc page with table and descriptions of different conditional activity modules
- Score Lock a MoodleDoc page for another conditional activity module for 1.6
- forum discussion about Stuart Mayor's Conditional Activities, including Moodle 1.6 version
- Conditional activities at CICEI, running demo included as student, teacher and designer.
- Adding/editing_a_lesson#Dependent_on MoodleDoc page . The lesson activity settings in V 1.6 has a specialized dependency setting. Entering the lesson can be made dependent on the % (lesson questions) correct, time spent or completion of one other specific lesson.
- Tracker reference(s) for conditional development _____________