Setting up Netbeans
Netbeans has got a good PHP support.
- CVS integration: see all changes, lines deletion, diff in real time
- Ctrl+Click: Go to declaration
- Apply Diff Patch
- Easy to navigate
- List of functions
- Quick Search (you can still work during)
- Very few bugs (I only had two notices during I was setting up my projects)
1. Checkout your Moodle project with a CVS client - see Moodle CVS for developers. I personaly prefer to use an external client in order to realise the CVS Delete operation on my own.
2. Download Netbeans Early Access for PHP
3. Install and run it
4. Open File > New Project > PHP > PHP Application > Next. You're going to set the project now. Name, Location and Folder are used by Netbeans, so you can choose whatever you like, except your source folder. Sources has to be your checked out Moodle branch/head folder. The rest is clear enough, don't forget to choose UTF-8 for encoding.
Project Name: Moodle 1.9 Stable Project Location: C:\Users\jerome\Documents\NetBeansProjects Project Folder: C:\Users\jerome\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moodle 1.9 Stable Project Sources: C:\Users\jerome\Projects\branch19_STABLE\moodle Project URL: http://localhost/moodle19/ Index File: index.php Create: unchecked Default Encoding: UTF-8 Set as Main Project: unchecked
Click on Finish.
5. You can now start coding.