Revision as of 19:46, 15 January 2009 by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
Drop in ideas
- Support incremental backups & restore.
- Support 1-activity backup.
- Support anonymisation of personal data on backup.
- Separate process and progress.
- XML format doesn't need to be radical different (IMO).
- Support restore of old (1.9 only?) backups.
- Hook in backup & restore to intercept & support other formats (BB, IMS-CC...)
- One code base both for manual and scheduled backup
- Scheduled restore
- Fileless export/import
- Export/import over mnet
- Secure (don't handle non-allowed data, user matching on restore, salted passwords..)
- Safe (some sort of "rollback" on failure - requires to have everything annotated somewhere - backup_ids or so).
- file-less backups - if you have separate backups, import/export etc.
- Allow to backup one category of courses (at the same time, one zip per course). MDL-17187
- Allow to mark courses to be excluded from scheduled backup manually.
- Avoid anti-timeout output when not running from browser. MDL-17282
- Review related caps, cleaning them and adding missing bits, improving sec. consistency.