Some quick thoughts from Eloy
- This isn't about blog comments too, is it?
- I see this a a quick way to do comments/notes about near everything. cool... in any case... both the "commenting" and the "view comments from others" perms should exist IMO.
- Can comments be rated? Should completion be able to perform checks against comments (number, grading...).
- I don't like the interface at all (100 personal opinion) because I hate "popups" (of any type). Instead I'd do that interface to be showed "inline" just below the object going to be commented, with some flip/flop triangle, making the comments area to appear or something like that, but appearance should be 100% integrated in the page... something like (it's only an example....) the "learn more" link when buying in Apple Store. Obviusly, for browsers lacking js should fallback to true popup or whatever.
Hope this helps, ciao :-) --Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) 00:21, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- +100 from me for fold-out area rather than a pop-up.--Tim Hunt 09:25, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- The interface is defined by CSS, I added absolute postion to comment box, we can easily change to a inline comment box --Dongsheng Cai 07:15, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Answer and Questions
To answer Eloy: yes this also applies to blog. I'm about to implement commenting support. Nicolas Connault 06:59, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Questions: Is there a global switch for commenting (like $CFG->usecomments), and is there a capability like moodle/site:comment? Nicolas Connault 06:59, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not yet, I will add one for API.
Just wondering whether notification of comments will be possible in Moodle 2.0, as requested in MDL-12988 and the forum discussion Database Module - Comment Notification? --Helen Foster 13:10, 11 February 2010 (UTC)