- about the "who can view"/"externl blogs"/"associations" things... is going to be some capability like:
- Yes to the above Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Also, are "fetched" and manual blog entries differentiated in any way?
- In the database, entries that have been copied from an external blog will have a value in the post.uniquehash field. Also, you will be able to automatically tag an external blog's entries with one or more tags Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Finally, both tags and associations are going to be published in the RSS Feeds?
- I don't see why not, maybe that could be optional Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Is it going to be possible to get RSS Feeds by tag or association?
- Yes Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- ATOM (import from external blog feeds / publish local feeds)
- Not sure, can you explain? Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- When blog entries are displayed for say, course XX, will also "child" entries be displayed (activity-associated).
- Yes, whenever an entry is associated with an activity, it is also automatically associated with the course. Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- "automatically associated" stands for: association record created automatically or rely in accesslib (nested contexts) abilities?
- If association is disabled in one site (or user if the capability exists), which will be the behaviour of the blocks?
- Instead of searching for entries associated with the course, it will just show all blog entries (for the site). The links in the blog_menu will be simplified accordingly. Nicolas Connault 08:56, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
--Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) 08:45, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
Who can view blog entries - the description is not correct, there were more access levels, we can not just remove them - please explain the differences and propose upgrade routes. The descriptions have to contain all relevant capabilities and their use.
Associations - just the context id does not seem to be granular enough, we use are+itemid elsewhere because it allows you to specify the exact forum discussion or post for example. Another problem is should we allow association with context you are not enrolled in? Please include all relevant capabilities too. blogid in blog_assoc table links which column and table? Should it be called postid?
External blogs I would not call it import, maybe better "sync with external blog". I suppose that it might be good to have a tag name in the blog description. There could be also separate option for synchronisation of external tags. Hmm, we could also fetch posts with some tags only. We do not need tags in order to distinguish external feeds - they have the hash there. The problem I see is if you accidentally add some ext blog and then you want to delete it - we do not know from which feed it was added (I suppose one user may have multiple ext blogs linked). Again include all caps.
Atom what is it atom write support?
Attachments we need embedded images too.
- different access control compared to 1.9
- RSS feeds when posts are not accessible without login need some form of protection
Petr Škoda (škoďák) 21:13, 22 September 2009 (UTC)