Question bank improvements for Moodle 4.0
|Question bank improvements for Moodle 4.0|
|Assignee||Project instigated by Thomas Korner, Luca Bösch, Tim Hunt, Antonia Bonaccorso. Implementation by Catalyst AU|
This is a project to largely re-develop the question bank for Moodle 4.0 (if possible). The aim is to
- add some important new features, like question versioning, and making it easier to track where each question is used.
- improve how the code is organised, for example by introducing a new 'Question bank plugin' type (qbank_).
- and fix some long-standing bugs, for example the problems with question backup and restore.
This project has a follow-up project Question bank improvements for Moodle 4.1 which continues with the issues not making it into Moodle 4.0, and new additional requirements.
Technical overview of the plans
What we are planning to do is outlined in this forum thread. That thread is quite long, with discussion of the plan, but the key posts which describe the plan are:
- Setting the scope
- Question bank will be made up of plugins
- List of the plugins that will be created initially
- Question bank will store the version history of each question
- How the question bank will track the places (quizzes) where questions are used
- Some initial UI wireframes
- Question (and following discussion) about how complicated the filtering/searching system needs to be at first
This project is proceeding thanks to the support of a number of universities and other organisations who crowd-funded the development.
In time, we will and more information here, for example links to a prototype site.
- The Open University
- ETH Zurich
- BFH Bern University of Applied Sciences
- Berlin Institute of Technology (Technische Universität Berlin), Germany
- Canton of Zurich Office for Middle and vocational schools, Switzerland
- Catalyst Australia
- Dublin City University, Ireland
- ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) Zurich, Department of Medicine, Switzerland
- Hochschule Hannover - University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Germany *
- Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, Switzerland
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland *
- Catalyst Australia
- Yvonne Wolf
Overflowing funds from the SEB deeper integration project
These institutions are credited here since they participated in the Safe Exam Browser deeper integration project. The remaining funds were allowed to be used in this project here.
- Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany
- Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria
* Institutions funding in both SEB deeper integration as well as Question bank improvements for Moodle 4.0 project