What is the Page resource?
A page resource creates a link to a screen that displays the content created by the teacher. The Text editor allows the page to display many different kinds of content such as plain text, images, audio, video, embedded code or a combination of all these. Pages are more accessible than uploading word-processed documents, particularly if the document just contains text to be read and not downloaded.
How is it set up?
- In a course, with the editing turned on, choose 'Page' from the activity chooser.
- Give it a name and, if required a description, checking the box if you want the description displayed on the course page.
- In Content, add the text, images, links or multimedia you want to display. If you use the Atto editor you can also embed H5P questions.
- In Appearance, specify your requirements, particularly whether you want to display the last modified date. This is useful if you will update the page frequently but doesn't look good if the page is static and rarely changed.
- Expand the other settings to configure the resource as you wish, and then click Save and display.
How does it work?
Students click the icon to view the page and can access the text or media the teacher has provided.
Teachers can edit the page by clicking the Page and then Settings.