The Moodle Questionnaire module allows you to survey Moodle course participants. It is a contributed module which can be downloaded from the Moodle Plugins Directory. It allows teachers to create a wide range of questions to get student feedback e.g. on a course or activities. The goals of the Questionnaire module are quite different from those of the Moodle Lesson or Quiz modules. With Questionnaire you do not test or assess the student, you gather data.
Summary of features
Please look at the Adding/editing a questionnaire and Adding Questions pages for more information.
Types of questions
- Check Boxes
- Date Box
- Dropdown choices
- Essay box - HTML editor possible, set width and height of box
- Numeric - can set length and number of decimal places
- Radio buttons - have labels you determine for each question
- Scale - can customize in many ways
- Text box
You can also place:
- Page breaks
- Labels - might be used to give an overview of next set of questions
Types of reports
- Responses can be viewed by everyone or select group
Responses can be exported as .csv, .xlsx, HTML table, .json, .ods or PDF
- Each column contains a field for: Submitted on (date time), Institution, Department, Course, ID (user ID), Full name, Username, and each question.
- The settings allow three check boxes to show the user choice code, to show the use choice text or to included rank questions averages
If you want to send response as a download file please enable the Allow reports by email setting (site administration > plugins > activity modules >questionnaire)
When this options is enabled you can email responses in the activity module (View all responses > summary > downnload > Send download to roles)
- to all roles with the "mod/questinnaire:submissionnotification" capability via email. ( Enable the option "Send download to roles" )
- to a listed email adresses, seperated by commas and pressing the button "Send reports" (Please note that NO security or privacy checking is done)
- The Questionnaire plugin can be downloaded from the Moodle Plugins Directory.
- Discussions: please create or find a discussion topic in the Questionnaire Forum
- Statistical_survey From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.