Revision as of 15:15, 9 December 2019 by Helen Foster (formatting, rewording)
in Moodle 3.8!
- H5P is an abbreviation for HTML5 Package. It enables educators to create content such as interactive videos, quizzes and presentations.
- Existing H5P activities (created for example on h5p.org or h5p.com) may be embedded into Moodle either by linking the URL or by uploading the file.
Adding H5P content
- As a course teacher, click the H5P button in the Atto editor (1)
- Either embed the link from the site where your H5P content was created, or upload the file (2)
- Click 'H5P options' to decide what to display to students. (3)
- Click Insert 'H5P' (4)
If the Display H5P filter is enabled by the admin, then simply paste the URL into a text editor and save:
- A Display H5P filter is available and will convert URLs into H5P interactive content.
Manage H5P content types
- In order for teachers to upload and display existing H5P files in their courses, the appropriate H5P content types and libraries must be available on the site.
- A scheduled task Download available H5P content types from h5p.org should do this automatically (but check if it is enabled and has already run after first upgrading your site.)
- If it is not possible to use this scheduled task, then the Site administration page 'Manage H5P content types' allows you to upload necessary files.
- Note also that without the scheduled task or the relevant files being uploaded, course teachers will receive an error message when trying to upload H5P content.