- Activity administration
- Building an activity
- CSS tips and tricks
- JS tips and tricks
- Activating RSS
- Activity workflow
The Dataform CSV view is designed mainly for export/import purposes. This view allows you to predefine which Dataform field can be csv exported/imported, in which order, choose your own custom names for columns (which may be different from the field names) and add flexible input/output data (e.g. human readable dates, entry author info etc.). You may also define different export/import templates (different instances of the csv view) and via the view access permissions allow different roles/users access to a designated export/import instance.
Export data to a csv file
- Open view
- Click Export all or Export page from the menu bar.
- A csv file will be downloaded to your computer.
Import data from a csv file
- Click import option in the menu bar.
- Fields import settings - list of fields to be imported.
- Csv settings - control file settings and upload file.
Select your preferred file format for export purposes. The default format is set to CSV. Other options are: excel, calc, etc.
- Delimiter: Select the character which separates fields in the exported/imported CSV file. The comma character (,) is set as the default character. Other available characters are: semicolon (;) colon (:) and tab (/t).
- Enclosure: Select the character that surrounds each field. By default there is no enclosure.
- Encoding: Select a default character encoding. For Import you can override this default in the Import form.
Type specific patterns
##export:all##: ... ##export:page##: ... ##import##: ...