Revision as of 07:47, 16 March 2006 by Utkarshraj Atmaram (contrib)
Assignments allow the teacher to grade various types of student submissions.
Moodle supports plug-in assignment types.
There are three official types:
- A student can upload a single file. This could be a Word document, spreadsheet or anything digital. Multiple files could be zipped and then submitted.
- Online Text
- This assignment type asks users to edit a text, using the normal editing tools. Teachers can grade them online, and even add inline comments or changes.
- Offline assignment
- This is useful when the assignment is performed outside of Moodle. It could be something elsewhere on the web or face-to-face. Students can see a description of the assignment, but can't upload files or anything. Grading works normally, and students will get notifications of their grades.
These assignment types have been contributed by users:
- Group Assignment (by Patrick Jermann)
- One user uploads the file but all the members of his or her group "benefit" from the submission.