The use of Moodle in Secondary education is often extended further at the tertiary/university level.
Moodle plugins by/for Universities
Many Universities have created custom Moodle plugins which were later shared in the Moodle plugins database, for example:
- The Open University has contributed many very well written and highly popular plugins besides the superb Moodle 2 quiz engine
- AMC Academic Moodle Cooperation has shared several really good plugins
- The Active quiz The original plugin (real-time quiz) was written by Davo Smith, to which the University of Wisconsin - Madison (funded by an educational innovation grant given to the Medical school) re-wrote the plugin, which is now named active quiz
- The Course dedication block was developed by CICEI at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University.
- The Accesibility block integrates the ATbar from Southampton University ECS.
- The PoodLL anywhere development was funded by the Birmingham City University
- Quickmail was developed at Louisiana State University
- The Course overview on campus block was made by the University of Ulm
- One of the authors of the Course description works for the Reutlingen University
- The Mahara assignment submission was made from code developed by the University of Portland, and Lancaster University
- The EJSApp is backed by the Spanish Open University (UNED) and other Spanish Universities, such as the Huelva, Complutense and Almeria Universities
- The Media Gallery plugin was written by Adam Olley for the University of New South Wales
- The Engagement analytics report was developed as part of a NetSpot Innovation Fund project by Monash University
- ... and many more
There are many Moodle plugins available for teaching/assessing several disciplines at and beyond secondary education:
There are Moodle themes made specifically by and for a University:
- BCU Birmingham City University. It's based on bootstrap and allows for extensive customisation and some unique features to help improve Moodle's usability.
- Klass This is very very modern theme suitable for your school / college / university and other online educational websites
- There are many good Moodle tutorials and books made by Universities available to everyone:
... to be listed here later...
... to be continued...