Our new open social media platform for educators, MoodleNet is coming soon, and so we're sunsetting or closing our existing course sharing site, Moodle.net.
- From August 2019, Moodle.net courses and content will be read only. You will not be able to share a course on Moodle.net nor add an entry to a content database.
- From September 2019, Moodle.net courses for download and content will be moved to a new URL, archive.moodle.net. You will be able to download courses and content from the new location but not use the Community finder block on your site. Courses to enrol in will not be listed on archive.moodle.net.
- From November 2019, you will be able to add content from the new MoodleNet directly into your Moodle course.
Sunsetting Moodle.net FAQ
How will I be affected?
- You will no longer be able to use the Community finder block to search and find courses on Moodle.net to enrol in or to restore on your site.
- If you had been given the option of sharing your course on Moodle.net, you will not longer be able to do so.
Where can I get courses and course content from to use in my courses?
- You can still access all the courses and course content shared on Moodle.net by going to archive.moodle.net (from September 2019 onwards).
- From November 2019 onwards, you will be able to access courses and course content on the new MoodleNet.
Do I need to do anything?
It is recommended that you:
- Check whether the Community finder block is used on the site in Site administration / Plugins / Blocks / Manage blocks. You can find out any courses using the block by clicking the number in the Instances column. Hide the Community finder block and inform users.
- Check whether any role has the capability moodle/course:publish in Site administration / Users / Permissions / Capability overview and if so, edit the role, unset the capability and inform any users with the role.
What if I do nothing?
From September 2019 onwards, if any user attempts to use the Community finder block or share a course, they will obtain an error message.
Any further questions?
Please post in the Moodle community sites forum on moodle.org.