Privacy officer role
Revision as of 11:37, 27 August 2018 by Nicolas Martignoni (French translation link added.)
A Privacy officer can respond to data requests and manage the data registry.
- Go to 'Define roles' in the Site administration.
- Click the button "Add a new role".
- Leave 'Use role or archetype' set to 'No role' and click the continue button.
- Give the role a name such as 'Privacy officer', short name and description.
- For context types where this role may be assigned, tick system.
- Enter dataprivacy in the filter box, then allow the capabilities tool/dataprivacy:managedataregistry and tool/dataprivacy:managedatarequests, and if necessary tool/dataprivacy:makedatarequestsforchildren.
- Allow more capabilities as follows: moodle/site:configview, moodle/category:viewhiddencategories, moodle/course:viewhiddencourses, moodle/course:viewhiddenactivities, moodle/course:view.
- Optionally, add capabilities to allow Privacy officers to view and agree to policies on behalf of minors (after receiving permission from guardians): tool/policy:acceptbehalf and tool/policy:viewacceptances
- Click the button "Create this role".
- Go to 'Privacy settings' in the Site administration.
- Click to select the Privacy officer in the Privacy officer role mapping setting.
- Save changes.
- Go to 'Assign system roles' in the Site administration.
- Choose the Privacy officer role to assign.
- Select the user in the Potential users list, and use the left-facing arrow button to add them to the Existing users list.